Alicante’s Bullring is one of the oldest rings still in use in the Valencian Region. It was built in 1847, by the Alicante architect Emilio Jover, who also built Alicante’s Teatro Principal. Renovation works took place in 1884 led by the architect José Guardiola, who added a second floor to the building with stairs and independent accesses connected to the outer facade as well as several annexed dependencies. These additions considerably increased the ring’s capacity.
Alicante’s Bullring has a capacity of 15,000 spectators, a large horse yard, a big stable, a number of pens, pigpens, an infirmary and a chapel.